Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Not too loose, not too tight

Day 50-something, trying to keep it all in balance. Is there such a thing as the KFB Valley? Cause I kind of feel like I'm in it. It's not a deep and dark valley like the PCP Valley -- it seems with all things KFB, the lows aren't as low (and the highs aren't as high). Maybe it's just the aftereffects of a relatively indulgent weekend in New York, but I'm finding myself chafing a bit at the restrictions I have. I'm trying to take Patrick's advice and remember that this is something good I'M doing for MYSELF, not anything that has been put on me from the outside.

I have been more reasonable with my expectations than during PCP, and I have cut myself a little slack here and there, without worrying too much about getting every single thing perfectly right. On the flip side, I may have been letting things slide a bit too much, not weighing all my food, nibbling a bit too much from other's plates. It's time to wake up and be more conscious about what I'm doing.

The workouts are going fine, if a bit tedious. I'm feeling ready for some new stuff, even though I totally haven't mastered what I'm already working on. (I know this is probably not reasonable, but just reporting the feelings that come up.) I do notice that my kicks feel higher and faster and sharper, which is pretty cool.

I sang in a concert last week (the Mozart I've been working on for a few months now) and I noticed that I've started standing in my fighting stance for singing, one foot in front of the other. It feels like an energizing stance, steady and grounded but ready to work. Singing is an incredibly physical endeavor, and it's easier to do when I feel strong with good posture and aware of my breathing.

I wish I had some news from Deborah and Ilan, to hear how they're doing. I haven't heard anything from Ilan since the earthquake, but since both of them are still listed in that email with our weekly diets, I'm assuming they're still on board. Brett and Ellen, keep it up! I'm still here with you.

3 comments:

  1. KFB is definitely a more self-motivated and self-aware journey. But I am glad to have you and Brett still actively supporting. It helps to read your blogs because I feel the same. I'm not as hard on myself if I have a food slip-up as I was during PCP. I just pick up my head and do better the next time.
    I'm really enjoying the workouts though, I find I'm much stronger and flexible than I was during PCP.

    ReplyDelete
  2. FWIW, I'm reading along (though have little to contribute) and find your progress, as ever, inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Tara! I'm still here too, cheering you on! I get that this is a different kind of journey than PCP. Seems quieter - lonelier perhaps, but also more calm. I agree with Rebecca - inspiring!

    ReplyDelete